- This event has passed.
X-pot de Mickael Laumonier
8 February à 11 h 00 min - 12 h 00 min
Evidence for large amounts of melt beneath Ciomadul (Romania), a supposedly extinct volcano !
- Petrological observations infers a trans-crustal magmatic system beneath Ciomadul
- Thermal evolution of such magmatic system predicts the persistence of melt
- In situ measurements confirm the presence of about 30% of hydrous melt under the volcano
- Ciomadul lies above a long-term storage just above the solidus for prolonged periods
- Volcano status must be defined based on the magmatic reservoir storage conditions