|[EntetePerso nom=”Bruand” prenom=”Emilie” commentaire=””]|
Crustal Evolution, Early Earth, Subduction, igneous and metamorphic petrology, petrogenesis, Rare Earth Element minerals, thermodynamic modelling, mountain building, high grade metamorphic rocks, Laser ablation, Oxygen isotopes.
Employment and higher education
- From Feb. 2016- Aug. 2016 Post Doctoral Research Associate at the University of Oxford.
- 2015 Teaching Fellow at the University of Portsmouth.
- 2011-2015 Post Doctoral Senior Research Associate at the University of Portsmouth. NERC Standard Grant entitled “When on Earth did plate tectonics begin?” (PI: Dr. Craig Storey).
- 2007-2011 PhD student at the Department of Earth Sciences in Graz (Austria). FWF funded PhD subject: “Study of metamorphic petrology of the CMC (Alaska, USA) and evaluation of Pressure-Temperature conditions.” (PI: Prof. Kurt Stüwe).
- co-supervisor of PhD student Emma Hart (2012-2016): ‘Assessing the role of rutile as an indicator of plate tectonic regime’.
- supervisor of the MRes project of Hélène Legros (2013): ‘Petrological study of the Brocken Bay metabasites in Shetlands (Scotland)’
- 2013 Member of the organising committee for the international conference ‘Building Strong Continents’ (University of Portsmouth).
- 2012-Now Committee Member of the « Metamorphic Study Group » of Great-Britain. Treasurer since 2014.
LMV Publications :[Publications nom=”Bruand” prenom=”Emilie”]
Previous publications :
Bruand, E., Fowler, M., Storey, C., Darling, J. (accepted). Apatite trace element and isotope applications to petrogenesis and provenance. American Mineralogist.
Hart, E., Storey, C., Bruand, E., Schertl, H-P., Alexander, B. (2016). Mineral inclusions in rutile : a novel recorder of HP-UHP metamorphism. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 446, 137-148.
Bruand, E., Storey, C., Fowler, M. Apatite inclusions within zircon and titanite as a window into the early Earth. Geology, 44, 91-94. DOI:10.1130/G37301.1.
Bruand, E., Storey, C., Fowler, M. (2014) Accessory phases (titanite, apatite, zircon) behaviour in late Caledonian high Ba-Sr plutons, Scotland: petrogenetic and source implications. Journal of Petrology, 55 (8), 1619-1651.
Bruand, E., Gasser, D., Stüwe, K. (2014) Metamorphic P-T conditions across the Chugach Metamorphic Complex (Alaska) – A record of focused exhumation during transpression. Lithos, 190-191, 292-312.
Gasser, D., Bruand, E., Rubatto, D., Stüwe, K. (2012) The behaviour of monazite from greenschist facies phyllites to anatectic gneisses: an example from the Chugach Metamorphic Complex, southern Alaska. Lithos, 134-35, 108-122.
Gasser, D., Rubatto, D., Bruand, E., Stüwe, K. (2012) Large-scale, short-lived metamorphism and magmatism in the Chugach Metamorphic Complex (CMC), southern Alaska: a SHRIMP U-Pb study on zircons. Geological Society of America Bulletin, 124(5-6), 886-905. DOI: 10.1130/B30507.1.
Bruand, E., Gasser, D., Bonnand, P., Stüwe, K. (2011) The petrology and geochemistry of a metabasite belt along the southern margin of Alaska. Lithos, 127, 282-297. DOI: 10.1016/j.lithos.2011.07.026.
Gasser, D., Bruand, E., Stüwe, K., Foster D., Schuster, R., Fügenschuh, B., Pavlis, T. (2011) Formation of a metamorphic core complex along an obliquely convergent continental margin: structural and thermochronological evolution of the Chugach Metamorphic Complex, southern Alaska. Tectonics, 30, TC2012. DOI: 10.1029/2010TC002776.
Proyer, A. and Bruand, E. (2010) Moderne Petrologie – was ist das? Mitteilungen des naturwissenschaftlichen Vereines für Steiermark, 140, 69-84.
Bruand, E., Stüwe, K., Proyer, A. (2010) Pseudosection modelling for a selected eclogite body from the Koralpe (Hohl), Eastern Alps. Mineralogy and Petrology, 99, 75-87. DOI: 10.1007/s00710-009-0097-7