“Conciliating volcanic CO2 degassing and hazard assessment: new constraints from numerical modelling.”
I-Site CAP 20-25, Challenge 4: Funding
Referrer: Ivan Vlastélic
LaMP, Clermont-Ferrand & INGV, Bologna & Palermo: Collaborations
- Explore the role of the volcanic CO2 emissions.
- Identify and constrain the zones of soil CO2 degassing around the lac Pavin (eg: Escarot) and the Nyiragongo area (eg: Mazukus).
- Identify the preferential paths for lava flows.
- Develop scenarios with numerical modelling of local CO2 dispersion in the low atmosphere and the lava flow propagation in case of forthcoming eruptions.
- Produce realistic hazard maps and contribute to the development of risk mitigation and management strategies.
Example of CO2 degassing area at Escarot, Puy de Dôme, France
Lac Pavin area (France)
Nyiragongo area (Democratic Republic of Congo)
Scientific and administrative responsibilities:
Rang A :
Rang B et C :