|(Personne absente de la base de donnée)|
Thèmes de Recherche :
My Ph.D research focuses on the climate change effect on the stability of glaciated volcanoes. My main test site is Mt Meager volcano, in Canada. During summer 2010, snow and ice melt caused the collapse of Mt. Meager’s south flank generating the largest historical landslide in Canada; in 2016 fumaroles began to release gases from ice-caves that appeared in one of its glaciers. Using remote sensing, field and numerical techniques I am characterizing landslides and glacial activity as well as their influence on the deeper volcanic system. I am also investigating the risk posed by the volcano to the communities living downstream and possible monitoring strategies.
Here is a video where I explain my research project
Responsabilités scientifiques et administratives :
Activités d’enseignement :
Publications LMV :
Rang A :
- Roberti, Gioachino, Pierre Friele, Benjamin van Wyk de Vries, Brent Ward, John J. Clague, Luigi Perotti, and Marco Giardino (2017). Rheological Evolution of the Mount Meager 2010 Debris Avalanche, Southwestern British Columbia. Geosphere. http://dx.doi.org/10.1130/GES01389.1
- Roberti, Gioachino, Brent Ward, Benjamin Van Wyk De Vries, and Luigi Perotti (2017). Structure from Motion and Landslides: The 2010 Mt Meager Collapse from Slope Deformation to Debris Avalanche Deposit Mapping. Geotechnical News. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/318210225_Structure_from_motion_and_landslides_The_2010_Mt_Meager_collapse_from_slope_deformation_to_debris_avalanche_deposit_mapping
- Roberti, Gioachino, Brent Ward, Benjamin van Wyk de Vries, Pierre A Friele, Luigi Perotti, John J. Clague, and Marco Giardino (2017). Precursor Slope Distress Leading up to the 2010 Mount Meager Landslide, British Columbia. Landslides 19: 2017. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10346-017-0901-0
- Delcamp A., Roberti G., Van Wyk De Vries B. (2016). Water in volcanoes: evolution, storage and rapid release during landslides. Bulletin of Volcanology vol.78, p.87, - .
Rang B et C :
- Roberti G., Ward B., Van Wyk De Vries B., Perotti L., Giardino M., Friele P., Clague J. (2017). Application of structure from motion to digitized historical airphotos to document geomorphic change over the past century. vol.19, p.EGU2017-4051,, Geophysical Research Abstracts - EGU General Assembly 2017.
- Roberti G., Ward, B., Van Wyk De Vries B., Friele P., Clague J., Perotti L., Giardino M. (2017). Precursor slope distress leading up to the 2010 Mount Meager landslide, British Columbia. vol.6, p.EGU2017-1231, Geophysical Research Abstracts - EGU General Assembly 2017.
- Roberti G., Van Wyk De Vries B., Ward B., Clague J., Friele P., Perotti L., Giardino M. (2016). High resolution digital mapping and geomorphological analysis of the 2010 Mount Meager rock-debris avalanche (BC, Canada). Geophysical Research Abstracts - EGU General Assembly - Vol. 18, EGU2016-12328-1.
- Roberti G., Ward B., Van Wyk De Vries B., Perotti L., Falorni G., Clague J., Giardino M. (2015). Mount Meager Volcano, Canada: a Case for Lendslides on glaciated volcanoes. AGU Fall Meetong, San Francisco, 14-18 december.